Friday, June 19, 2009

Thank Goodness It's Friday

Okay, I realize that I only started work on Wednesday, but that doesn't make me any less grateful that it's Friday. Three day work week sounds pretty good to me.

I met my nemesis today: the fly. Actually, I met lots of them.

I know people are bothered by maggots, but the flies are able to get near my face and that just freaks me out. Then again, I haven't really had to deal with the maggots... yet... oh goodness.

Anyway, after shooing away the flies I came to a bunny. For the record, there's a pretty effective technique to getting these critters cleaned up as fast as possible.

step 1: put on gloves (usually thick ones are the best choice... less feeling the death and all)
step 2: put hand in garbage bag
step 3: grab hold of animal
step 4: pull bag inside out over animal
step 5: tightly tie off the bag

It's kind of like picking up after one's dog... except with maggoty dead things instead of just poop. Poop doesn't sound so bad anymore eh?

Anyway, this seemed to go not too bad for the most part, until the back leg started to come off in my hand.

Yea... Thank goodness it's Friday.

Quote of the Day:
"When trying to flip the intestines into the bag, make sure that you aim the flipping away from your face"
--advice stemming from another officer's personal experience

No comments:

Post a Comment