Tuesday, June 16, 2009

...Makes You Stronger

Alright, so I'm giving this blog-writing-thing an honest try. As a kid I tried to keep a diary and never managed to keep it up -but I have a feeling that I'm about to stumble across some stories that will virtually beg to be recorded and shared.

Today I received a phone call that has sent my summer in a very interesting direction. Yesterday I found out that I hadn't gotten a job I was extremely excited about and everyone kept reassuring me that 'something else would come up'. Oddly enough, today the phone rang with a call from one of my old bosses. You see, I used to work at the Humane Society and I was offered the chance to go back and pick up some hours over the summer, but I don't think that it was the 'something' that people had in mind.

"It's going to be messy..."
--uh oh...
"I don't know how you're going to feel about it..."
--I've got a pretty bad feeling about what you're about to say...
"But how about picking up some road kill for us?"
--Oh gosh.

So, after graduating university with high distinction for my Honours BA & BEd, what, might you ask, was my response to such a question?

First I laughed out loud --really, it couldn't be helped. Then I said,
"Well, I went to the bank yesterday and I had $5.24 in my account. So, what the heck, sure."

I start tomorrow at 9am.

No comments:

Post a Comment