Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 1

Well that was interesting.

So today was spent buying two sets of gloves for me (one thick leather for feeling less of what I'm touching, one waterproof for...well apparently things can get a bit juicy). After that I simply observed as the other officers did the dirty work. From what I can tell I will be incredibly grateful for the gloves we purchased today.

Key lesson of the day:
How to tie a bagged skunk outside of the vehicle so that it does not stink up the van.

But truth be told, the skunk didn't look or smell much like a skunk anymore. Instead it kind of looked like a dried up and very flat furry hat that had been run over about 500 times. The groundhog, on the other hand, was a bit of a different story.

I was told to just observe from the van, but the furry rump of the groundhog was closest me and even closer to the vehicle was its intestines and further in front of it I spotted a few organ bits.

A shovel was necessary.

Oh goodness, what've I gotten myself into...

No comments:

Post a Comment