Monday, August 17, 2009

What's the Point?

I've never owned a cat. I've never been inclined to own a cat. Although I don't mind cats, I'm much more of a dog person. Personally, I consider this to be incredibly helpful because quite often I find myself scraping cats off the side of the road or bagging cats that have crawled off and died in the bushes. Really, starting your day bagging a couple dead cats each morning is not really ideal... but I can imagine it being much worse if I had owned any cats in the past.

Warning: rant
...When I do find myself picking up cats, although it's sad, I find myself thinking about the (pardon me) stupid owners who let them run around outside. Seriously, it is a pet owner's job to protect and care for their animals. Cats don't understand crosswalk signals and I can guarantee you that they're always on the losing team when up against a vehicle... so I don't understand how people are actually surprised when their cat gets hit by a car.
End rant.


Anyway... before I started this job little did I know that there were multiple types of Siamese cats that are classified by different 'points' noted on their face: seal point, chocolate point, blue point, and lilac point. So I pull up behind this cat by the curb and note that it looks like a Siamese.

"Interesting," I think to myself, "I wonder if I can remember what kind of point it is!"
(Okay... give me a break here. My days are not exactly intellectually challenging and anything that keeps my brain thinking turns out to be exciting for me.)

However, when I walk around to the front of the cat all I see is a bloody mashed in and popped out head. I think the eyes get to me the most. And it was still dripping. Needless to say, I was unable to classify the Siamese's point.

...Honestly, keep your darn cats inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment