Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh Deer...

Yep! That's right! I got my first deer today!

Well... part of it anyway.

This call came out to us as "a skinned carcass on the side of the road". We figured it was a deer so two of us went out to deal with it (often they are too big for one person handle... and they'd certainly be too big for me to lug around alone).

However, when we got there we realized that there was no actual body to the deer... just a pile of intestines and organs next to a skinned head. I was told that in all likelihood a hunter probably dumped the parts there rather than properly disposing of them.

Thanks Mr. Hunter, because of your laziness I had to pick up after you.

The other officer got the pile of inner-bits while I got the skinned head; except he dropped one of the organs so I picked that up too... I think it was either a lung or the liver... perhaps I should brush up on my anatomy so I can recognize the different parts that I come across.

...Future field trip option for an authentic learning opportunity with real-life application?!

Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment